Monday, September 7, 2015

The New School Year! 2015-2016

Debany:
We looked over My Tech High's programs for this year!

Language Arts -- I finished reading Harry Potter! I watched the movies to see how they followed the books.
Math -- We had a few lessons on math. I also did my flashcards to help me get faster.  I look forward to getting Timez Attack again.
Science/History -- We had a lesson on reptiles. Afterwards, we went to the library and the Bean Museum at BYU to learn about reptiles. We want to have them bring one of their shows to our neighborhood.
Podcasting/Tech -- I had an overview lesson about the microphone and some podcasting programs.
Hip Hop Dance -- This week I had my first class! We learned a dance for the Payson Onion Days parade.

Myanna:
Language Arts -- I finished reading the BFG! I loved it.
Math -- We had a few lessons on math. I went over my flashcards, too.
Science/History -- We had a lesson on reptiles. We will be making reports! I want to do mine on the Komodo Dragon. We went to the library, but someone had checked out ALL the books on Komodo Dragons! The librarian told us about the world book encyclopedias online. Librarians are so helpful.
Digital Art -- I have been working on my drawing.  I got a couple anime drawing books from the library.
Tumbling -- I had my first class this week.  It was kind of hard.  I didn't understand exactly what they wanted. BUT, I'm being evaluated right now. Hopefully it will get better.

Porter:
Language Arts -- I had some lessons on Reading and Spelling this week.  We also went over the My Tech High classes.
Math -- I had a few lessons on math. I also did flashcards. When will we get Times Attack again?
Science/History -- We went to the museum at BYU to see some real reptiles, but the exhibit was closed. They brought out some stuffed reptiles and shells.  It was pretty cool Did you know that a sea turtle's shell is its backbone/spine?
Rocketry -- We looked over the year's requirements for rocketry. We also looked through the supplies to make sure that we had everything we needed.
Adaptive Swimming -- We are trying to figure out still what is available for swimming. It looks like I'll be going to Provo for their adaptive/high-functioning class.

No comments:

Post a Comment